I had the privilege of documenting Nora & Scott’s love story more than once last year — in the summer for their engagement and September for their wedding day!
As was common for so many couples, Nora & Scott made some key changes to their celebration — most significantly bumping it up a few months in order to allow for an outdoor reception. (As Minnesotans, we’re tough but a December outdoor reception is maybe where we draw the line… 😉)
Everything fell together perfectly for their new date — including a new reception venue, nestled right on the shore of Pike Lake. Pike Lake Golf & Beach Club is a relatively new venue option in town, so if you’re looking for a unique outdoor venue location with stunning backdrops, look no further!
There were too many beautiful moments to count, but here are a few I’ll always remember:
- The moment Nora’s dad saw her in her wedding dress for the first time
- Nora & Scott’s “first touch” before their ceremony (this is GREAT way to still get special photos of the two of you together pre-ceremony, if you opt to save your first look for the walk down the aisle!)
- All the guests gathered to enjoy the sunset over the lake
- When all of Scott’s closest friends gathered around to serenade Nora on the dance floor (they’ve done this at all of their friend’s weddings and it is quite possibly the best ongoing tradition I’ve seen)
- Dancing the night away under twinkle lights on a perfect September evening
Nora & Scott, your day couldn’t have been more beautiful and I can’t wait to see all you’ll accomplish together!